winedbg debugging

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 14:59:36 CDT 2002

I am using winedbg and find it really annoying the 'display' option.

I put a break point in a routine and use display varName to ensure I can see
the variable everytime we hit the breakpoint. This works nicely until the
program happens upon a RaiseException, and this variable is no longer in
scope. This traps and goes into gdb. I quit gbd, wine traps again and
invokes gdb until I end up using killall wine to proceed.

Is there any way to avoid this or at leat put and exception handler around
the display handling?
Jason

PS Why dont the up/down arrows work to recall commands? PgUp/PgDn do!