Problems running IE with latest release

Con Hennessy CP.Hennessy at iname.com
Thu Jun 13 19:51:56 CDT 2002

Hi Won,
Thank you very much for your detailed help. Here are some problems/comments
I have on some of the stages :

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 17:30, Won Kyu Park wrote:
[snip]
> I could IE 5.01 installation successfully with a fake_windows.
>
> step:
> 1. make a fake_windows in the $HOME/.wine
>    http://chem.skku.ac.kr/~wkpark/kle/wine/dotwine/make_dotwine
OK.

> 2. install some ttf fonts($ wine NEWFNT32.exe;wine corfnt32.exe)
>   wget ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/TrueType/NEWFNT32.EXE
I had many problems  tryingto down load this file from the ftp servers
but was eventually successful.

>   wget ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/TrueType/corfnt32.exe

> 3. install dcom98.exe($ wine dcom98.exe)
>   wget http://download.microsoft.com/msdownload/dcom/98/x86/en/dcom98.exe
> 4. install ie5setup.exe ($wine ie5setup.exe)
>   wget
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie501sp2/Install/5.01_SP2/WIN98/EN-U
>S/ie5setup.exe
To access this you must go to http://download.microsoft.com/download
and follow the various steps to get "IE5 service pack 2".
Also while running this exe I got the following problem after successfully
downloading all of the relevant ( 19MB !) files :
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
The installation window briefly appeared ( did not contain anything ) and
then disappeared! The 2 error messages seem to appear at the same time.
The installation dialog boxes then indicates that nothing has been
installed ( or more acurately it shows a long list of items which
have not been installed ).

What can I do now ?

Thanks
CP Hennessy