WM_GETTEXTLENGTH returns double size

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Sat Jun 15 04:40:06 CDT 2002

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:
>

>>On my comments Alexandre said that this is how it is
>>supposed to work:
>>http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/06/0242.html
>>
>>Alexandre, so this will work correctly or after your
>>yesterday's patch it won't affect anything?
>>

>Well, there may still be similar bugs in other places, but the message
>translation itself is correct according to MSDN.

Personally, I could not find any references to it in MSDN. I have not
touched this function before, but it appears to me to be an internal
WINE function, right?

The WM_GETTEXTLENGTH MSDN only says that this should be the number of
TCHARs returned. nothing about it being an upper bound. If so, any time
we reach this code, we potentially return the wrong value, and hence my
suggestion for a "FIXME" there.

                Shachar