How to make a stub dll ?

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue Jun 18 14:30:32 CDT 2002

> I want to run a program that needs d3d8.dll.
> Using winedump I see there are only 5 functions
> exported.

Yes, but if the program really needs D3D8, just stubbing these function will
not help you much... The problem is that D3D (and the whole DirectX) is
implemented using COM : there is only a bunch of functions exported from the
DLL but that hides a LOT of code as function pointers in the COM object.

So it's definitely NOT trivial to stub (except if you plan to return 'not
supported' :-) ).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/