[help] GDI text fonts

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 24 04:45:05 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:05:04AM +0800, leanne wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> When we are working on the Chinese support on WINE using Lotus Notes r5,
> we found that the fonts display for the interface
> is very ugly (attached the screepshot). I would like to change to have
> different font when detected English or Chinese.
> Could somebody point me where I could start with?

Unfortunately your attachment didn't make it. First you want to make
sure that you're using client side rendered fonts, for this you'll
need to have a version of the freetype library installed with version
>= 2.0.5 you'll also require some TrueType fonts in
c:\windows\Fonts. Make sure you're using the current cvs tip - there
has been a big improvement for non ANSI_CHARSET fonts committed in the
last few days.

If you still have problems could you send me the output of --debugmsg
+font,+xrender ?

> Also, for a text document, the gdi text and font are used to store them,
> I would like to ask where can I find the structure
> to store and the code to manipulate it (e.g. send for display/print
> (pExtTextOut? but where called pExtTextOut))?

Well for fonts try objects/fonts.c and dlls/gdi/freetype.c for X11 text
output try graphics/x11drv/text.c and dlls/x11drv/xrender.c

Huw.
--
Huw Davies
huw at codeweavers.com