Update: Agenda for wineconf 2002

Michael Robertson michael at lindows.com
Fri Mar 1 17:12:38 CST 2002

We have two full days planned (March 15th-16th). The sessions will go from
9-5 on both Friday and Saturday. I think all of the international attendees
are coming in on Thurs, so they'll be rested up to start at 9am Friday
morning. Both days, breakfast pastries will be provided at the conference
premises along with lunch. Dinners will be within walking distance on Friday
and Saturday shuttles will be provided to our dinner spot.

We're also planning on providing transportation from the airport to hotels on
Thurs for our out of town guests. So a rental cars may not be necessary
unless you're planning on extra activities on Sunday that aren't part of the
conference.

As for the conference sessions, the attendees are the speakers, so we're
asking those in attendance to prepare a 30-45 minute presentation meant to
educate and inform as well as spur on discussion. If you don't see your name
on the list below, please send me a topic you would like to give a
presenation on. We have a great conference venue lined up which will have
plenty of meeting rooms and state of the art presentation capabilities along
with internet access. To give a presentation, you can either bring a laptop
to plug into the video projection system or you can email to me your
presentation and I will insure that it is on a computer plugged into the
projection system for your presentation.

There are 3 areas that we'll be focusing on:

Business issues - This will be a combination of presentation from companies
talking about their business experience with WINE as well as talks on the
non-technical issues facing WINE.

Wine Technology - There will be some advanced topics as well as some more
general overviews. Since (http://www.lpbn.org) will be on hand to shoot video
of all the session, our goal is to have a video series that those newer to
wine can view at anytime via the net to get up to speed. There will be a
series of more advanced topics as well.

Future of wine - These will be talks focusing on looking forward to
technology and business issues confronting wine. Alexandre's keynote will set
the tone and provide a roadmap for many of the discussions.

The specific times for the speakers below have not been set other than
Alexandre's keynote which naturally will start the conference. Here's the
working list. If you see your name below and don't like the topic, let me
know that people have requested we're happy to change it. If you don't see
your name below, let me know and we'll do our best to accomodate you!

-- MR

Business Talks
-----------------
An Unique Commercial Application for WINE [Cadlink Technology/Hawkes]
Gaming and Beyond  [Transgaming/State]
ReactOS - Where it's at, where it's going [ReactOS/Filby]
Corel, A Look Back [Xandros/Tranter]
Crossover Strategy [Codeweavers/???]
Macadamian - Making It As A Software House [Hatheway]
Developer Funding, Who Pays The Rent [???]

Wine Technology
--------------------
Approaches to debug a random windows program different approach [Weigand]
Development Model [AJ]
NORM - The secret weapon [Codeweavers/???]
Making Fonts Not Look Like Crap [Davies]
Regression Testing [???]
How To Improve The Debugger [Meissner]
Maximizing performance of WINE [???]
Package streamlining of WINE [???]
DirectX [Kaaven]
WINE as a porting tool [Jacques]
API Standardization [???]

Future of Wine
AJ - Wine Keynote to open the conference 9am on Friday.
WINE's "Most Wanted": Features To Make WINE Great [???]