atldef.h ?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Mar 3 14:18:01 CST 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Per Wigren wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm extremly new to this so please don't call me names! :)
>
> I'm trying to port a Windows app to Linux using winelib. When running
> ./configure I get this error:
> checking for atldef.h header... configure: error: Could not find the ATL
> includes
>
> What is atldef.h? Some third-party stuff? It doesn't seem to be included with
> wine..

   I assume you used winemaker to generate the Makefile. Apparently
winemaker thought that your project uses the MFC (maybe because it found
an stdafx.h file).

 * If winemaker was wrong, then in configure.in look for NEEDS_MFC and
set it to 0. Then run autoconf to re-generate the configure script and
re-run configure.

 * If you are indeed using the MFC, then you will first need to compile
them using Winelib. And this is where atldef.h will come from (recent
versions of the MFC use ATL).

        War doesn't determine who's right.  War determines who's left.