wineconf: Call for meeting in the reception of respective hotel a t 7:30

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Wed Mar 13 02:30:17 CST 2002

[snip]
> How do you plan on getting to the conference? Taxi, I guess,
> in my case.

Yes.

> Maybe we should post to the list,

I already did that, no reply. Trying again. :-)

It seems that I was wrong earlier the last message
from Cheryl Schwarzman said:
"On Friday, a continental breakfast will be served
complete with juice, coffee and muffins at 8:15."

> and compile a list of
> people with the
> hotels they are staying at...

I don't think we need to do anything that complicated.

Why not just say that everybody regardless of hotel
meet in or near the reception at 7:30 waiting
there until 7:45 for people to show up.

Identifing other people should be easy:
Just ask anybody standing in or near the
reception whether they are going to wineconf.

Then we order enough taxis (or cabs I think people call then
in the US) to carry us all to the conference. This would give
us 30 minuter to wait for cabs and get to the conference
which according to Michael Robertsson is 10 minutes away
at least at the hotel I'm staying. I guess most other hotels
is pretty close as well.

The simple strategy is often the best.