Road to 0.9

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 19 12:19:59 CST 2002

Alexandre Julliard a écrit :

> Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> writes:
>
> > In fact I raised my eyebrows on that statement of him, too.
> >
> > There's probably a lot of NT object stuff that's not 150% implemented yet,
> > I think.
> > And if the wineserver protocol isn't independent from such changes
> > (I dunno about that), then it certainly can't be considered truly "stable".
>
> The point is not to freeze the protocol completely, it will clearly
> continue to evolve even after 1.0. The idea is that once the protocol
> is declared frozen all future changes are done in a way that preserves
> backwards compatibility. And the mechanisms to do that are mostly in
> place now, which is what I mean by saying it is finished.
that's why I think we should clearly look at it now...
what bugs me is the server request which only partially implement a
feature
so, if we freeze them now, we'll have to add another request, which will
be a subset of the existing one
in order to prevent too much code bloat in this area, this should be
reviewed
rather carefully. it doesn't mean we have to implement all the features,
it
means we need to pass most of the information (when possible)

(I particulary have in mind the CreateProcess API)

A+