Bugzilla and the Apps database

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 21 08:54:53 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 07:58, Jeremy White wrote:
> Tony, I think the appdb is mostly PHP/MySQL.  I gather
> that Bugzilla is a whole bucket of other stuff.

Bugzilla a MESS of crufty Perl code. I've found it very difficult to
extend that code any further without breaking it.

> The only hitch you might run into is that Jer is
> planning an overhaul of the appdb code, so it may be
> a bit tricky to work through that.

Exactly, we have quite a few updates planed for AppDB. I will add a
BugZilla link field to each App Version soon. I'll need someone with
MUCHO spare time on his hands to actually go though and link each App
Version Id to a Bugzilla Bug Id. This is NOT a small amount of work.