Preferred patch format

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Fri Mar 22 16:21:05 CST 2002

Hopefully sometime soon I'll start having sparc-solaris patches.   Unfortunately
I can't get at cvs through the firewall here, so I'll have to submit patches
against snapshots.  As I see it, there are two options:

  1.  submit smaller patches periodically between snapshots, but possibly
patches made against out-of-date code.

  2. submit larger patches every time a new snapshot comes out, including all
the changes I've made since the last snapshot.

Option 1 has the advantage that I can submit smaller patches, but 2 has the
advantage that the patches are more likely to be up-to-date.

My inclination is towards option 2, but I thought I would ask on the list and
see if there was a preference here...

Thanks,

Warren