Window focus regression

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Mar 22 18:34:42 CST 2002

This patch to windows/x11drv, back on Feb 25, causes a window focus
regression. It has been reported on wine-users, and also affects my apps.

http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=1014666451571945191826671

What a coincidence, this was submitted by Dave :-) Since I don't
understand what this was attempting to fix, how about a trade. I will
fix the toolbar bug I introduced, and could you take another look at
this one?

Basically, I am running Gnome (RH 7.2) and have the window manager mouse
focus set to follow the mouse. When I slide the mouse out of and back
into a managed wine window, the window does not completely regain focus.
  The mouse focus is returned, but not the keyboard focus.

This can be seen in SignLab. I select the text tool, click somewhere in
the window, type a few characters, then slide the mouse out of and back
into the window. Now typing has no effect until I click the mouse
somewhere in the window. Clicking somewhere in the grey border area
allows the keyboard focus to return without cancelling the text tool.