FW: cygwin/wine port

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Mar 23 07:13:36 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 06:02:04PM -0500, Steven Edwards wrote:
> > What's the advantage of this? You'd still have to use the wine kernel
> > right? I'd loe to be able to get a relay trace from an app
> > running under
> > windows, but if you still have to use the wine kernel, there
> > isn't much
> > advantage is there?
Well, if you'd love it, then just do love it. ;-)

man APIS32 ;-)

APIS32 can do *exactly* that.
It costs about $20 registration, I think. (there are varying amounts of
registration fees, though).

Excessive logging frequently makes the program crash/hang, but you can
always selectively pause logging until you reach the interesting part.

And of course you can edit/extend your own "custom" DLL function
description files, so that you can even trace your own DLLs' functions
(or other DLLs that you're interested in, of course)

In short: *highly* useful for helping Wine debugging directly on Windows.
(I've been able to fix several things due to this program)

Conclusion: nearly everyone should make use of it.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.arcor.de/andi.mohr/