Even more dumb regression questions...

Geoffrey Hausheer it9zui001 at sneakemail.com
Sat Mar 23 12:33:46 CST 2002

InitiallyI thought I'd start with writing a test in Perl,
and I got some basic stuff working. But then I needed to
access structures, constants, etc, and had no idea how to
do this, so I am now rewriting my test in C.  My
understanding was that for the most part, the C and Perl
testing infrastructure were supposed to be comparable, but
I haven't seen any examples of how I can do the things I
mentioined (specifically, access constants (flags for
functions), or create/read structures required by
functions.

Is this possible to do, and if so could someone give me an
example of each?  The constants are obviously less
difficult, in that I could always redefine them in the
test, but being able to manipulate structures seems like
it would be a requirement for the framework.

Sorry if this is all really straight forward.

Thanks,
.Geoff