Cursor issues on sparc-solaris

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Mon Mar 25 09:12:27 CST 2002

Hi all,

I alluded to this in a post on Friday, but I'm going to ask about it explicitly
now.  In the sparc-solaris port, most bitmaps are now showing up fine (with a
few fixes in wrc), but when the mouse enters a wine window the mouse cursor
disappears.  The mouse still works if you can figure out where to click it.

I've been tracing through the code, trying to figure out what is going wrong.
with a breakpoint in LoadCursorA, I've stepped down through the resource loading
code, until I get to PE_FindResourceW.  It calls find_entry_by_nameW, which
calls find_entry_by_id.  The inputs seem fine, but the resource id (0xC) doesn't
show up in the IMAGE_RESOURCE_DIRECTORY, which has only 3 entries, with ids 4, 5
and 6...

I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss so far.  My instincts say that the id is fine,
and that something is breaking during the loading of the image resource
directory - I'm trying to trace back where the image resource directory is
populated, but I haven't found it yet...

Any suggestions would be distinctly welcome...  I'm hoping to get a linux box
set up here today, and maybe tracing through the same process under linux will
indicate the problem.

Thanks!

Warren