Improving the regression testing infrastructure

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Mar 29 18:48:41 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Eric Pouech wrote:

> >    True. So what we need is to add a function in the testing framework
> > so that tests can get argc/argv/envp. Seems like a reasonable approach.
> I was more thinking adding some wt_argc and wt_argv, with init in main
> so that we don't have to deal with the portability issues of the __argc,
> __ ARGC...

   Yes I agree with the wt_argc, etc approach. Either variables or
functions, or even a single function:
int wt_getmainargs(char*** argv, char*** envp);
   These are all pretty much equivalent.

> > > I decided to let the parent do the checking because:
> > > - you don't know what the stdout of the child will be (and if you'll be
> > >   able to get the results on the console)
> >
> >    It should have the same stdout as the parent, unless you explicitely
> > nuke them when calling CreateProcess.
> yup... but we want to test CreateProcess, and some test cases will
> change the stdout handle

   But do you need to write to stdout for these tests. Do you need to
write to stdout at all for that matter?

                  Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.