Improving the regression testing infrastructure

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 29 23:32:41 CST 2002

> > yup... but we want to test CreateProcess, and some test cases will
> > change the stdout handle
>
>    But do you need to write to stdout for these tests. Do you need to
> write to stdout at all for that matter?
that has to be defined. But how can you test the child gets the correct
stdout ? either the child knows (by other ways) what stdout really is
(a file...) and can test it, either it doesn't care to know, and let
the parent check what the child just wrote. Again, stdout has not
to be used as a generic way to pass all information back to parent,
just the stdout inheritance.

A+