Issues building the spec.o on win32 with mingw

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 14:51:04 CDT 2002

Sorry about that. I meant to say that it still looks
for *.so imports when building the DLL like the way it
used to look for its imports for a *.so when building
a *.def. Not that it still does when building a *.def

If I try to build the dll under mingw when it gets the
spec it will bitch about not being able to open *.so
for import. Winebuild still builds the dllname.spec.c
anyway but if I run it again then I get the asm error.

Sorry I wasnt to clear about all of that. So what is
going to be the best way to go from here? I can build
the *.defs along with 90% of the source and then make
a dirty hack with dlltool/wrap that cuts winebuild
out. The only big problem I see is that the spec
contains the import information that has to be passed
to dlltool/wrap.

I also still dont know if mingw/cygwin can link wrc
compiled resources.