help with word (was:Re: word can't open documents...)

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Wed May 1 14:32:45 CDT 2002

Does anyone know how an app determines the size it's scrollbar should
be? I think it is done with either the GetDeviceCaps or something in the
DC(?)

In crossover office, when word tries to open a document it tries to
create a window with class SCROLLBAR of size 16x0, and the document
opens fine.

In the public tree, when word tries to open a document, it tries to
create a SCROLLBAR window of size 1065353216x0, and X barfs and word
crashes.

Running with +relay, the window has the size 981316x0 and the document
opens fine.

If anyone has any pointers here, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks
      michael

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi