menu behaviour on window losing focus

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Wed May 1 20:11:27 CDT 2002

Hi!

Now that my patch to fix the alt behaviour made to the cvs (altough somewhat
cleaned up by Alexandre :), I'm going on to fix what remained here to fix :)

The problem is that when you activate the menu (by pressing ALT), and then
the window loses focus, the menu stays active. And when you return to your
window the menu still has focus. This is not right for two reasons:
1) This is not the windows behaviour - on windows when the window loses focus
the menu is deactivated. I have tested this. The same is the behaviour with
kde.
2) When you switch beetween windows by Alt+TAB sometimes the menu stays
active. It does not happen so frequently, but it is annoying.

So I would like to deactivate the menu when the window loses focus.

Can somebody please point me to the point in code where I should put my
deactivation (a code which is called on window deactivation), and also to the
function by which I can deactivate the menu.
If nobody answers, I will try to find these myself, but I have thought, that
maybe there is somebody who can answer these questions in no time.

Thanks in advance
Zsolt Rizsanyi