a small error in Wine, when it gets to the make install stage..

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu May 2 11:21:01 CDT 2002

Ya'ad Golani a écrit :

> Good evening.

Hi,

> When trying to install wine-20020411 I got the following error message
> (running through the "wineinstall" script, and not manually):

> Performing 'make install' as root to install binaries, enter root password
> Password:
> /bin/bash: - : unrecognized option
>
> Either you entered an incorrect password or we failed to run
> 'make install' correctly.
> If you didn't enter an incorrect password then please report this
> error to wine-devel at winehq.com.
>
> Welp, as you can see, I didn't enter the wrong password and got a "/bin/bash:
> - : unrecognized option", just letting you know.
>
> -Cheers,
>    Ya'ad Golani.

There are 2 things to correct in tools/wineinstall:

- Line 291: replace ldconfig by the full path to ldconfig,
/sbin/ldconfig.
- Line 320: add a space between -c and "$sucommand". This is the one
causing the error.

They are already corrected in the CVS version, so they won't show up in
the next Wine release.

Bye,
Vincent