native user32 dll

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Fri May 3 20:54:01 CDT 2002

I'm still trying to fix aol so it can communicate with the web proxy,
and I think I've narrowed down the problem to user32.dll, kernel32.dll,
and ws2_32.dll.

Is it possible to use the native user32.dll? I know kernel and ws3_32
don't work native.

I found this:

http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/wine-user/dll-overrides.shtml

"user, user32
Window management and standard controls. It was possible to use Win95's
native versions at some point (if all other DLLs that depend on it, such
as comctl32 and comdlg32, were also run native). However, this is no
longer possible after the Address Space Separation, so leave at builtin."

and I was wondering if it's still true.

thanks
      michael