More MSVC fixes

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat May 4 04:28:31 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 09:57:26AM +0200, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > for good reasons
> > CVS can handle binary files no problem. Can someone please refresh my
> > memory on why storing binary _images_ in CVS is such a bad idea?
>
> I think it is because CVS can't store the diffs between binary files.
> It stores the whole file even if only one byte change. So it takes
> a lot of space to store the history of the file.

When you change an image, then the file changes completely in many cases
anyway, so storing it in binary form just *saves* storage and bandwidth in
the normal case. It's just a bit inconvenient for cvs -t fans, but that's
all I can come up with right now (and there's a workaround for that).

  Ciao
      Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know