More MSVC fixes

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat May 4 18:53:39 CDT 2002

On May 4, 2002 06:19 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> The size of the file itself is not the issue. The issue is that people
> can no longer download a 500Kb Wine-xxx.diff.gz and need to download
> the 7Mb Wine-xxx.tar.gz instead. It basically makes the .diff.gz files
> useless for upgrading.

I see. It has nothing to do with CVS, but rather with people using the diffs.
That's a good point, but it's been clouded a by (subconsciously) blaming
CVS. Anyhow, how many people are still using those diffs?

And say, even if we had binary .gifs in the tree, the diffs are not useless
by any stretch of imagination, as the images are non-functional. That is, even
if the diff does not catch the image change, there's no big harm done. And
how often do they change nowadays?

In other words, it's a good point in theory, but I doubt it's a big problem in
practice...

--
Dimi.