native user32 dll

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon May 6 16:55:26 CDT 2002

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Having native user running would be a big thing for debugging e.g. message
> problems. E.g. I have an application that at some point started to deny the
> WM_NCCREATE call in CreateWindows, and I guess that some missing message
> leaves some memory uninitialized.

I agree it would help for finding bugs. Unfortunately the Win95
architecture is completely brain-damaged, and trying to support it
would introduce so many new bugs and instabilities than the end result
would be much worse than what we have today. So no, native user is not
going to happen.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com