x error when multiple wine processes running

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Tue May 7 09:56:05 CDT 2002

In testing the dreamweaver installer, I keep getting these errors:

err:font:AddFontFileToList Already loaded font L"Wingdings 3" L"Regular"
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  15 (X_QueryTree)
    Resource id in failed request:  0x2c00014
      Serial number of failed request:  63

when I do a ps -A | grep wine I see that there are three wine
processes running and two wineservers. Doing a killall wine allows me to
run the app again. Does anyone know why this is happening? I've also
seen other X errors after a crashed wine app where the x error is
invalid window parameter but the opcode is X_CreateWindow or
X_ChangeWindowAttributes.

Our testers have reported that when any wine app crashes, you can't run
another one until you logout of kde.

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi