Internationalisation (bug #452)

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue May 7 16:19:17 CDT 2002

Eric Pouech a écrit :

> Francois Gouget a écrit :

> > > That could be the Vatican.
> >
> > Yes probably. The .va TLD is for the Vatican and this is based on the
> > ISO 3166-1 standard. So one could expect whoever (MS?) to have reused
> > the same standard.
> looking on google for some of the words used in the file seem to
> indicate
> that this is in fact "suisse roman" (romanche in English ?), perhaps
> Alexandre could give an hint on this very important issue ;-)))
>
> I don't think that Vatican guards being Swiss Guards is the explanation
> of the Va name
>
> A+

Look at the top of the file:

 * Rumantsch Ladin (Vallader) by mbaur at g26.ethz.ch

and a bit lower...

#define LANGUAGE_ID                  Rl

So I think we can be confident, as Eric pointed out, that this file is a
"suisse roman" translation. Although I don't understand why the
LANGUAGE_ID doesn't match the filename, as all other files in that
directory match.

So to the original question, to which country associate the file Va.rc,
the answer is Switzerland. But maybe it'd be a good idea to rename it
Rl.rc, to keep the consistency.

Marcel, if you get this message (your last contribution is dated 1999 in
ChangeLog), could you help us on this (reason for name of the file)?
Thank you!

Vincent