Wine and ctl3d.dll

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed May 8 23:13:55 CDT 2002

"Ian D. Stewart" <idstewart at compuvative.com> wrote:

> In going over the log file from a recent attempt to install Baldur's
> Gate, I ran across the following warning:
>
> :warn:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen cannot open .so lib for builtin
> ctl3d.dll: ctl3d.dll.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> I looked in wine/dlls and sure enough, there was no entry for ctl3d.
> What facilities does this library provide, and are there any plans to
> implement it in wine?

ctl3d.dll/ctl3dv2.dll/ctl3d32.dll provide a "3d look" for applications
written for pre-Windows95 versions. The first two are 16-bit dlls,
the latter one is 32-bit (as its name implies).

I believe that a completely stubbed implementation will work just fine.

If you need any assistance on writing a stub dll, just ask. Good luck.

--
Dmitry.