FindFirstFile

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu May 9 08:30:15 CDT 2002

Andreas Mohr a écrit :

> On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 10:00:21AM +0200, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> > > 20 Archive bit. The bit is set on whenever the file
> > has
> > > been written to and
> > > closed.
> > >
> > If described as above, every file should have this
> > attribute (!)
> Of course it should be like that.
> And we already do it like that; no news here, move on.
> I'd be pretty astonished if we failed to set it somewhere.
> (but then I've had shocking experiences with Wine API compatibility before,
> so...)
Actually, the flag can be cleared (usually by a backup program, for
incremental or differential backups). Now, I don't think (but could be
wrong) that this flag is still used actively, even by backup programs (a
database would probably be their best bet know, with a signature of the
file).

In Wine, the flag is only "set" when a program wants to know the
attributes of a file; elsewhere, the attribute is non existent. So I
guess it can stay that way.

Insyde, does the Archive flag is one of the differences you saw? BTW,
FAT32 or NTFS?

Bye,
Vincent