Attn: component owners list

Shachar jdates at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu May 9 15:16:15 CDT 2002

I was about to reply to your previous mail on this matter, suggesting
myself as the component owner for BiDi. The reason I didn't do it was
because I promised IBM, who have actually made some progress on the
matter, I would wait a while longer for a decision to come whether they
are able to relase their WINE BiDi support. This "while" is not over yet.

If they manage to relese their code, I think it is best someone from
there take ownership of these things (of course, I would love to do so,
but as I am doing this *off* hours, and they are doing it *on* hours,
plus they have the code to back it up, I think it only makes sense.
Don't want to take credit where it's not due).

If IBM come back with a negative answer, or don't come back with an
answer at all within a reasonable time, I will start working on things
myself. I would apretiate help from anyone who wishes to offer it,
especially if they can read and write Arabic (it's been a long long
while since I last tried, and I could never get the vocabulary).

If you are looking for an immediate scape-goat, use "winebugzilla at sun
consumer org il"  as my email. This is a complicated anti-spam riddle
that you are expected to solve in order to get to the real email used
here. Say no more and live longer ;-).

                Shachar