Running unit tests on Windows

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Thu May 9 17:14:56 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:47:56PM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Jakob> The
>     Jakob> http://www.codeweavers.com/about/news/talks/wineconf2002/regression/Slide17.html
>
>     Jakob> talks about compiling on Windows with proprietary compilers.
>     Jakob> Since I've seen on this list ideas about compiling with mingw on
>     Jakob> Windows instead.  Shouldn't it be possible to cross-compile with
>     Jakob> mingw on Linux instead?  That way the samba share would also keep
>     Jakob> the .EXE files, and life would be much simpler...
>
>     Jakob> just a thought. what do you all think?
>
> Yes,
>
> I prefer compiling the windows executable with mingw on linux too.

How do you go about crosscompiling the tests?
I have managed to do "hello world" style programs with cross-mingw,
but to compile the Wine tests I don't know how to do...

When I try to compile a slightly modified
dlls/kernel/tests/file.c

I get this:

jakov at black:/tmp>
jakov at black:/tmp> i586-mingw32msvc-gcc file.c
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mingw32msvc/2.95.3-7/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x8f): undefined reference to `WinMain at 16'

I assume there is something evil about the 16 bit API file.c is testing. *shrug*

(I guess somewhere in here the project of keeping mingw, ReactOS and
Wine headers in sync come into play... BTW I've noticed the ReactOS people
seem to feel a little ignored by Wine.)

--
regards,
Jakob Eriksson