Breakthrough! Can now crosscompile unit tests!

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Fri May 10 11:59:50 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:51:40AM -0700, Steven Edwards wrote:

> > Ah, but of course! :-)    I'm happy now!
> >
> > Now it works, at least for dlls/kernel/tests/file.c
> >
> > If you compile with:
> >
> > i586-mingw32msvc-gcc -o FILE.EXE -DREAL_EXE file.c
> >

> If you have to do a #ifdef for the unit tests do the
> generic _WINDOWS as this covers both the mingw and the
> MSV_VC port. I dont know if this will give you trouble
> when you go to cross compile wine/tools that have
> #ifdef _WINDOWS but I use it on my mingw port.

I can now manually compile unit tests with

"i586-mingw32msvc-gcc -o FILE.EXE -DREAL_EXE file.c"

What I want is for the Wine configure to detect that mingw32
is present, then modify Makefiles so that when "make tests"
is run, EXE-files are modified.
I also don't want to do #ifdef REAL_EXE or whatever in every
c-file, I want all that to happen automagically in wine/test.h !
I want the configure script to take care of all that and always
compile unit tests twice, once for linux target, once for Windows
target. (EXE)

Then a .BAT file could easily be created that runs all the EXEs.

Bang, native unit testing in a box!

Challenge: I have very little clue about how Wines configure and
Makefiles work. Who does? Who should I bug with questions?

--
regards,
Jakob Eriksson

The wages of sin