opengl rendering to the wrong window

Ryan Stallings nwn at beergeek.net
Fri May 10 18:40:18 CDT 2002

Hello,
	I am trying to get the Neverwinter Nights Model viewer
(http://www.bioware.com/games/neverwinter_nights/other_multimedia/model_viewer/)
working under wine.  The menus etc of the model viewer come up correctly, but
no rendering can be seen in the render window.  Through some investigation I
determined that the model was being rendered, just in the wrong window.  I
moved the window out of the way by a few pixels and saw the model was being
rendered to what looks like the main window underneath the menu.  Here is a
screen shot that shows what I mean.....
http://nwwine.beergeek.net/shots/nw_offset.jpg
The black square is the windows shifted and the blue background is the
glClearColor of the rendering window.  As you can see the model is under the
window :( Now if I move the window way offscreen and add an offset to the
glViewport call I can get the model to render in the correct place, but this
is obviously not the right solution.

	What could be causing it to be rendered in the wrong window?  The render
window has a hwnd =1003e and a drawable client/whole = 0x4000064/0x4000063
and the first couple of time through wglMakeCurrent the drawable that comes
back from the hdc that is passed (requested from 1003e) is 0x4000064 which
seems right, but I think this is some sort of test renderings offscreen
before the application comes up. Later in the logs this is not true.  GetDCEx
is called with 1003e, but it returns a hdc that has a different drawable
associated with it (the one for the root window I think).  But even if I try
to for the drawable to 0x4000064 is does not render in to the correct window
(it does not render at all).

	Does anybody have any direction to point me in?  Or is there any information
that I could provide to make the situation more clear?

Thanks!

ryan