wineinstall fails after cvs update

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri May 10 19:11:26 CDT 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002, degs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find tools/wineinstall frequently fails in ./configure when trying to
> rebuild Wine after a "cvs update". I only seem to be able to fix this by
> blowing away the whole tree and re-fetching it with "cvs checkout". Is
> wineinstall the Right Way to build Wine when one is trying to hack on it?

The only reason I can think of is that you changed something in
configure.in and then regenerated the configure script. But then when
you did the cvs update you got tons of conflicts in the configure script
so it does not work anymore.

The solution to this is to resolve any conflicts you may have in the
configure.in file, and the run autoconf again to update the configure
script.

If that does not help, then you will have to tell us more about what
configure says when it fails and possibly post the config.log file.