wineinstall fails after cvs update

degs degs at giantblob.com
Sat May 11 04:56:37 CDT 2002

On Saturday 11 May 2002 02:24, Dustin Navea wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry I wasn't very clear - its not really a
> > wine-users question per se - I
> > want to be able to hack on Wine whilst keeping
> > up-to-date with the
> > cvs.winehq.com version and need to know how to build
> > it. I'm aware
> > wineinstall runs configure - its configure that
> > fails for me. It fails
> > regardless of whether I run configure manually or
> > through wineinstall so
> > wineinstall is probably a red herring.
> >
> > So, my question is: what is the correct way to
> > rebuild Wine after 'cvs update'
> > so that the configure *doesn't* fail? preferably
> > without having to blow away
> > the whole tree, re-check out and re-merge any
> > changes which I've made to it?
> >
> > I'm sure this must be a common problem but I can't
> > figure out how to get
> > around it - if anyone can tell me the right way to
> > do this it would be really
> > handly.
> >
> > BTW I know its not my changes to my local Wine tree
> > which break configure as
> > I've changed nothing in that area (I've only added
> > debug code to some bits of
> > GDI which are giving me jip)
> >
> > thanks
> > -- degs
>
> are you downloading on windows and then copying over
> to linux?  if so, you will probably need a tool like
> uxcook95, which fixes problems with files downloaded
> in ascii (windows' preferred method of storage, even
> for binary files), google search will probably bring
> up a few hits...

No - nothing like that - its basically recent CVS of Wine tree on pretty
vanilla SuSE 7.3. Source is on an ext3 partition. I run cvs update and build
wine as the same user. What happens is this:

cvs checkout wine
while(1) {
	./configure && make all install
	sleep(days)
	cvs update wine
}

eventually configure fails. (some way in - in makefile generation I think). I
suspect I cvs is leaving stuff behind which should be removed. Next time it
happens I'll post the output of configure. I'm probably doing something daft
- I just haven't figured out what it is yet...

-- degs