FindFirstFile

ccrayne at crayne.org ccrayne at crayne.org
Sat May 11 14:15:42 CDT 2002

In <200205111350.25529.dimi at bigfoot.com>, on 05/11/02
   at 01:50 PM, "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at bigfoot.com> said:

:> What about if the physical file system is FAT, we support all of the flags
:> just like Windows does.

:I guess we need a kernel with Extended Atributes (EA).
:It's in Linux 2.5,  but until 2.6 is distributed to the general  public,
:we're still a long way off...

I agree that when Wine is emulating FAT on some other file system, waiting
for a kernel with EA support is a reasonably strategy. However, I do not
yet understand why this kernel support is required when the physical file
system is FAT.

Does not the VFAT ioctl read and write the actual directory entries in
such a case?

-- Chuck Crayne
ccrayne at crayne.org