Breakthrough! Can now crosscompile unit tests!

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Sun May 12 07:02:23 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 08:18:49PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Jakob Eriksson <jakob at vmlinux.org> writes:
>
> > What I want is for the Wine configure to detect that mingw32
> > is present, then modify Makefiles so that when "make tests"
> > is run, EXE-files are modified.
> > I also don't want to do #ifdef REAL_EXE or whatever in every
> > c-file, I want all that to happen automagically in wine/test.h !
> > I want the configure script to take care of all that and always
> > compile unit tests twice, once for linux target, once for Windows
> > target. (EXE)
>
> OK I have hacked the makefiles to make cross-compilation
> possible. It's a bit tricky because some parts of Wine need to be
> compiled twice, since they are used both at compile-time and at
> run-time. The way to do it is:
>
> - create 3 empty directories: wine-src, wine-gcc, wine-mingw
>
> - put the full source in wine-src, making sure you don't have any
>   binaries in there
>
> - in wine-gcc, do:
>      ../wine-src/configure
>      make depend
>      make tools
>
> - then in wine-mingw do:
>      ../wine-src/configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --with-wine-tools=../wine-gcc
>      make depend
>      make
>
> This should build a full cross-compiled Wine. Of course most of it
> doesn't actually compile at this point, but fixing that is left as an
> exercise for the reader...

Cool! :-)
This is looking better and better.

I'll try this and then come back to this list;
with whatever further unit testing progress I come up with.

I'll take it that some parts of Wine never will crosscompile
right? Makes no sense to port the kernel parts of Wine to Win32,
right? It would be like Linux ported to Linux. (I _know_ that exists...)

--
regards,
Jakob Eriksson

The wages of sin