Uninstaller problem on mingw port

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sun May 12 14:37:30 CDT 2002

Hello Steven, hello Jeremy, hello all !

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 02:10:51PM -0400, Steven Edwards wrote:
> Hello Jeremy,
> Andi suggested I email you about my issues with uninstaller under mingw.
You know, that's not quite true... ;)
I just said that AFAIK it was him who added that line.
Ah well, nevermind.

> The main unstaller window will render but be blank and then the program
> will
> crash when it gets to this line
>

> /*----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
>     ** Handle requests just to list the programs
>
> **----------------------------------------------------------------------
> */
>     if (cmdline && strlen(cmdline) >= 6 && memcmp(cmdline, "--list", 6)
> == 0)
>
> I have inserted debugging code at every line around this point but it
> never
> makes it to the next messagebox. Do you see anything that might explain
> it?
We tried to use strncmp() instead (the theory was that memcmp wouldn't
stop at \0, thus accessing invalid memory beyond the cmdline allocation
limit).
Didn't help a whole lot, though.

Steven: did you check whether cmdline contains a legitimate pointer at all ?
(e.g. via IsBadReadPtr() or so...)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.arcor.de/andi.mohr/