CDROM patch - take 2 (was: no subject)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun May 12 15:33:25 CDT 2002

Paul Millar <paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk> writes:

> I think the bug is lack of support in earlier kernels, which we have
> limited control over.  We could issue a warning during the configure stage
> that there might be problems with CDROM drives, but if wine uses features
> only present in recent kernels, then there will always be this "sweeping
> bugs under the carpet" problem ... e.g. kernel-2.[56] support for EA and
> hidden files.

Note that the layout of the structure at compile-time has nothing to
do with the features that the kernel supports at run-time. And the
usual way to fix this kind of problem is to simply redefine the
necessary structure ourselves; this way it works with all kernels even
if you don't have the proper headers on the build machine.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com