Rebuilding configure

Ian D. Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Tue May 14 00:27:18 CDT 2002

Howdy Folks,

Still working through 'IMPLEMENTING A NEW DLL'.  Step 4 states:

  You can now regenerate ./configure file (with 'make configure')
     and the various Makefiles (with 'configure; make depend') (run
     from the top of Wine's tree).

     You shall now have a Makefile file in ./dlls/<MyDll>/

Problem is, there is no 'configure' rule in the top-level Makefile.
According the comments at the top of configure.ac, the proper way to
generate a new configure script is to run autoconf.  In order to bring
DEVELOPERS-HINTS up-to-date, should I replace 'make configure' in Step
4 with autoconf, or should I add a 'configure' rule to Makefile.in that
depends on configure.ac and calls autoconf?

Thanx,
Ian