Requested Change to the build system

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun May 19 16:27:33 CDT 2002

"Steven Edwards" <Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com> writes:

> The only real problem isnt really a problem but we just wouldn't
> catch it in the build processes. If WINES libuser32.a exported a
> non-win32 function that we shouldn't Use anyway and another dll
> imported that function (see comctl32) like GetSysColorPen (see
> wine/windows/syscolor.c line 388) The build would still work and we
> wouldn't catch it untill someone tries to use comctl32.dll without
> wines user32.dll.

That's the main problem. I'm not opposed to having a way of building
import libraries for Wine, but I think the default should be to not
use them, otherwise we won't find such problems. And the
GetSysColorPen and wvsprintf exports really need to be fixed if we
ever want to use Wine dlls under Windows.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com