Office 97 installation

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Sun May 19 21:16:44 CDT 2002

--- Raul Dias <chaos at swi.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this has been discussed before but I could
> not find
> a searchable archieve of the list.

Use Google. It indexes archives, stored on
www.winehq.com.

> For some time now Microsoft Office 97 installs
> almost perfect.
> However, in the end of the instalation it warns
> about
> vbe.dll could not regiter itself.

I'm not sure, but it is possible that installer could
not find and execulte regsvr32 - the application,
which registers dlls. Wine version was added to the
main tree not so long time ago. Plus, until recently
the wine applications were not installed with wine.
Be sure you have this application and it is installed.

Alternatively you can try to use Windows regsvr32, but
I'm curious how things will go with a native one.

Let us know about results.

BTW, this kind of problems is better to dicsuss on
wine-users mailing list.

Andriy Palamarchuk