Wineconsole (again)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon May 20 16:40:10 CDT 2002

Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> writes:

> Besides, like you said above, "only errors should be ERR".
> This is not only an error, it's a *critical error*, as it aborts
> the whole program...
> If that's not an *ERROR*, then I really don't know what an error looks like.

Of course if it aborts the program it's a critical error. But that's
not what it's supposed to do, it's supposed to go look for a default
font. The right way to fix this kind of issues is not to print even
more messages on abort, it's to implement a fallback that makes sure
we never abort. Or if we really cannot continue, popup a message box
or something like this. The user should not be required to start Wine
from an xterm to be able to figure out what's going on.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com