opengl and borland C++ cause floating point exceptions

Ryan C. Stallings winehq.com at beergeek.net
Mon May 20 17:07:04 CDT 2002

No I don't have 'proof'.  It was just a guess (and probably a bad one).  Maybe
Microsoft changed their opengl.dll to not produce the exceptions, or maybe in
the DLL they know where the exceptions will be so they wrap only those
specific portions in the mask/unmask pair.   It doesn't look like the viewer
specifically disables the floating point exception, so it must no longer be
necessary to do so with Borland and OpenGL.  I was just trying to guess why,
so wine could emulate  what windows does.

ryan