The 'file' regression test fails on NT

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon May 20 19:57:27 CDT 2002

I tested the 'file' regression test on NT4 and XP and it fails on both.
Here is where the error occurs:

tests/file.c:236: Test failed: DeleteFile failed (5).
tests/file.c:240: Test failed: couldn't create file "testfile.xxx" (err=5)
tests/file.c:242: Test failed: _hwrite complains.
[...]

5 means 'permission denied'. DeleteFile fails just after
_lcreat(filename,1) creates a read-only file:

H:\wine\wine\dlls\kernel>attrib testfile.xxx
A    R     H:\wine\wine\dlls\kernel\testfile.xxx

Because that file is marked read-only, DeleteFile fails to delete it,
then causing the failure of all the other tests. I checked and the same
happens on non-smb drives (c:\). I also checked that the exact same
thing happens on Windows 98.

So the test needs to be fixed. Jakob, can you do this?

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a Thousand Caramels.