The 'file' regression test fails on NT

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue May 21 02:34:11 CDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
[...]
>     Francois> Because that file is marked read-only, DeleteFile fails to
>     Francois> delete it, then causing the failure of all the other tests. I
>     Francois> checked and the same happens on non-smb drives (c:\). I also
>     Francois> checked that the exact same thing happens on Windows 98.
>
>     Francois> So the test needs to be fixed. Jakob, can you do this?
>
> I sent a patch "Check sharing in DeleteFile"(2)/"Test for DeleteFile"(1) on
> May 9 which worked in that area. (2) should be applied after (1).

Yes, these both look good. The test patch can even be applied before the
DeleteFile patch. What counts is that the test works on Windows. Then we
know exactly what to fix in Wine.

I would move the initial SetFileAttributesA and DeleteFileA to the
START_TEST(file) function. And it will just need to be adapted to apply
after my patch :-)
Can someone do this?

          tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY