Loadorder should check library name, not path

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue May 21 15:45:20 CDT 2002

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> There are two cases:
> - <windows/system> is populated with some executables. Calling them directly
>   causes immediate crash

Only if windows/system is not configured as system directory. I don't
see why you'd want to do that.

> - for testing, I had comctl32.dll in the directory where the control-spy
>   applications are. I took me some time to find out why even --dll
>   comctr32=b still resulted in the use of native comctr32.
>
> In both cases wine violates the "principle of least surprise" in my eyes.

I agree it's a bit confusing; I've been making some changes to allow
using wildcards in there so that it's a bit easier to configure. I'm
open to other suggestions, but I don't think disabling the
functionality is the way to go.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com