Loadorder should check library name, not path

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue May 21 16:14:21 CDT 2002

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Several possibilities:
> - several versions of winxx are available. You are trying to run one
> executable in the context of another system
> - you have an empty <windows/system> directory and want to run application
> from the <windows/system> directory of the winxx available on your system.

Note this would most likely crash and burn under Windows too. It's not
a common case at all, and you really need to know what you are doing
to make this work. And if you know enough to do it, adding explicit
paths in the loadorder config shouldn't be a big problem for
you. Sure, if we can make it easier we should (and I believe the
wildcards should help), but we should not sacrifice functionality for
such exotic cases.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com