Loadorder should check library name, not path

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue May 21 17:14:03 CDT 2002

Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

> Only for my understanding: Can you give (an) example(s) where the present
> behaviour is usefull against the non-granulat approach.

There are cases where applications come with their own replacements
for system dlls, for one reason or another. This happens a lot with
installers for instance, and it's something we need to be able to
support, because if the Windows system dll doesn't work for the app
our builtin probably won't work either. In theory an app could even
come with a dll named comctl32 that has nothing to do with common
controls at all...

> Anyway, something like ' --dll "*/comctr32=b" ' that would defeat _any_
> native comctl32 from loading is good too.

That's basically what my patch will do.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com