winhelp mapping

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 22 04:00:47 CDT 2002

    Alexandre> Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> writes:
    >> Alexandre, will you accept a patch of this kind (it still can be
    >> enhanced, like storing the message id) ?

    Alexandre> Only if there is evidence that Windows does it this way.

I tried to follow native NT user32.dll in the winhelp() call and I ended in
that magic 0x7ffeXXXX page, which seems to be shared data.

Do we have any plans for that page? NT File "explorer.exe" also crashes
accessing that page.

I plea for encluding some WinHelp Hack. Users expect Winhelp to work. Eric's
hack doesn't change wine fundamentals, is only changes one case.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de